GREECE - ATHENS
200hr Vinyasa Teacher Training
Leave behind your previous life, open your mind to new possibilities
Yoga Union Bali takes roots in Athens!
AVAILABLE DATES (2023)
Sep 16 & 17
Sep 30 & 1
Oct 7 & 8
Oct 21 & 22
Nov 4 & 5
Nov 18 & 19
Dec 2 & 3
Dec 16 & 17
Jan 13 & 14
Jan 27 & 28
Feb 10 & 11
Feb 24 & 25
Sofia Xirotiri, known for her advanced practice, for her thousands of hours of teaching, for her love and dedication to perfecting asana, methodical teaching, collaborates with YogaUnionBali, one of the most renowned worldwide schools of Yoga teachers!
The two schools work together to create a unique TTC suitable for those who want to become Yoga teachers, but also for those who want to perfect their practice, as well as for those who want to start the magical journey into the world of Yoga!
Sofia Xirotyri, OneSoul studio and YogaUnionBali will join forces to offer you an unforgettable experience, an YTT that will change your life!
We don’t make empty promises – we truly believe we deliver something very special here and know that our course changes lives. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we can guarantee that if you take a leap to commit, you will never look back.
It will be intense and challenging but know that you will come out on the other side stronger – mentally and physically.
We’re delivering life-changing transformations.
We really hope that you will join us here soon.
One Soul & YogaUnionBali Family
WITH A FOCUS ON
- We help you to build the solid practice.
- Building your confidence, skills and profound knowledge.
- Comprehensive understanding of Vinyasa based on Ashtanga practice.
- Asana analysis & adjustment theory.
- Deep understanding of Pranayama and Meditation practice – Chanting.
- Afternoon workshops and practicing of various style of yoga such as Yin, Restorative Yoga and Hatha.
- Methodology, theory, philosophy and anatomy/physiology.
- Insights into basic Ayurveda, nutrition, healing, rejuvenation in relation to yoga practice.
- We train you to be the best yoga teachers.
- The business aspect of yoga.
YOU CAN EXPECT
Daily, mornings will begin with an hour of pranayama, meditation and mantra chanting, followed by a Vinyasa flow class.
Late mornings are focused on deep learning of asanas with an emphasis on alignment, adjustments & teaching methodology. You will dive into the theoretical part of Asanas, early afternoons you will study Yoga Philosophy or Anatomy (alternating days).
The afternoon lessons will be focused on restorative styles of yoga such as Yin, Hatha & Nidra and specialized workshops.
Far from the traditional approach, we maintain a very high standard of teaching whilst making our classes extremely fun and interactive.
From day one, you will start teaching a few minutes of Vinyasa lesson that will help you to have the confidence to teach a lesson at the end of your course.
DAILY SCHEDULE EXAMPLE
|07:00 – 08:00||PRANAYAMA|
|08:00 – 9:30||VINYASA|
|10:00 – 11:00||BREAK|
|11:30 – 13:30||ALIGNMENT|
|13:30 – 15:00||BREAK|
|15:00 – 16:30||ANATOMY / |
|16:45 – 18:15||WORKSWHOP / |
The safety of our students is our top priority and we continuously follow all up-to-date safety protocols, as well as local authorities requirements.
A few important things to note:
- In respect to the safety regulations, the students are required to bring their own Yoga Mat, belt.
- High hygiene standards
We are doing all we can to make sure that we will greet you with health and happiness!
YOGA PRACTICE: The more comfortable you are as a yoga practitioner, the more you will be able to focus on the teaching and transformational aspects of your training. To take most out of the training we recommend a foundation in fundamental yoga postures.
Our course manual book will be provided in English. However, material and lessons will be delivered in clear and not over-complicated Greek and so is the exam.
ATTENDANCE: To ensure the success of the training, participants are required to attend all the classes and lectures.
OneSoul yoga studio is a brand new studio located in the south of Athens. It’s a Yoga Shala that provides daily yoga classes for Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Dharma Yoga, Handstands a Yoga Workshops with World wide Yoga teachers!
ARE YOU READY TO ESCAPE STRESS AND WORRIES AND FOCUS ON YOURSELF?
JOIN US IN BEAUTIFUL ATHENS!
In order to secure your place we require €300 deposit.
Deposit is non-refundable, but can be used as credit for any future training with YogaUnionBali.
Book your spot now by completing the form below and our team will reply shortly with your payment link and booking details!
Delivering a 30 minutes Vinyasa flow class to your fellow yogis and receiving constructive feedback from your head teacher.
Taking a 3 hour written exam focused on Asana analysis, Philosophy & Anatomy.
Successful graduates of the course receive an internationally recognized certification by the Yoga Alliance.
We believe that whether one decides to teach or not after the training is of little importance.
This experience will allow you to grow and develop in a physical, mental and spiritual level.
It will be a journey inwards and a cornerstone in the ultimate quest is self-realization and self-love.
We are not just a teaching course, we are a community, helping and supporting each other throughout this profound journey.
You will form deep bonds that transcend friendship and leave with the knowledge and a union for life.
In more detail…
Prana – breath, Yama – control – in accordance with the great yogis, breath equals to energy flow.
Every morning will begin with pranayama classes, where you will have the chance to get grounded, look inwards and set intention and energy for the day ahead. You will practice your breath and gain conscious awareness of your body.
In this class you will learn and practice:
- Yogic breathing.
- Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing).
- Bhramari (humming bee breath).
- Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath).
- Bhastrika (bellows breath).
- Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing breath)
This class focuses on analysing and dissecting basic & advanced postures. You’ll learn the correct alignment based on the traditional approach and in line with body mechanics, understand how to offer hands-on adjustments and how to structure them in a Vinyasa class. The teachers will always be present in your practice, observing and providing feedback.
In this class you will learn:
- Analysis of the 80 postures and more (arm balances, back-bends, and inversions).
- Modifications, other variations, and advanced variation of all postures.
- How to use yoga props in your yoga practice.
- Adjustment (physical & verbal) theory and hands-on practice.
We will travel back in time to India and dive deep into the origins of yoga and how it reached today’s modern form. Focusing on philosophical concepts, you will learn how to adapt and apply them to our modern lives. These lessons are held in a conversational format, which enables students to actively engage and explore meanings through their own vision and stories.
In this class you will learn and discuss:
- History and meaning of yoga.
- The eight-limb path of yoga according to Patanjali.
- Prana, Vayus, Nadis, Chakras, Kundalini.
- The Gunas, Doshas, Introduction to a yogic diet.
- Mudras, Bandhas (energy locks) and Mantras.
- The meaning of Om.
- Lifestyle and ethics as a yoga practitioner and a teacher.
You will take a deep dive into the understanding of the human body in today’s modern world, with a focus on the nervous, skeletal and muscular system. You will gain a deep understanding of how these systems work in harmony to create movement and gain the ability to articulate this through your yoga practice, teaching and everyday life.
This class is delivered in a conversational setting. Over the years, we have been able to master the delivery of complex concepts in a fun, interactive and intuitive way.
In this class you will learn and discuss:
- Introduction to Anatomy and different body systems
- Analysis of the skeletal system & connective tissue, muscular system and the nervous system
- Movement analysis of all major joints and muscles and direct application to yoga practice & asanas
We believe that you begin teaching from the moment you enter our shala. We aim for the lessons to be confidence-building and progressive. You’ll start with one-to-one lessons and gradually moving to bigger groups of students, eventually, you delivering a 30 minutes class to your fellow yogis. Through regular feedback by teachers and fellow students, you will have a chance to improve as you go along and about finding your unique voice and style as a teacher.
In this class you will learn and practice:
- Yoga Union Vinyasa structure & principles
- Practice teaching & receiving feedback
- Observing others teaching & giving feedback
- Learn & practice hands-on adjustment
- Instruction, teaching styles, and qualities of a teacher
- Voice projection and floor presence
- Planning and structuring a class
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
The afternoon classes will serve to introduce the students to various styles of yoga, in addition to core course specification. Alternating, you will take part in restorative practice and themed workshops.
To compliment your morning dynamic Yang practice, the afternoons will focus on Yin practice. The classes will feature Yin yoga, Yoga Nidra, Restorative, Gentle Hatha.
Asana-related, these workshops will cover handstands, hip openers, fun modules like partner yoga and spiritual immersions such as eye gazing and bhakti.